Discover the birds of Namibia and the birds of Etosha
Danie and Rachel are keen birders, and they love to share their interest and knowledge of the birds of Namibia with our guests. If you’d like to see more of our local bird life, then consider joining one of our dedicated birding activities.
- N$ 300 per person
- Two-hour early morning walking and waterhole–based birding safari.
- Location: Vreugde and surrounding farms.
- Likely sightings: Buntings, Waxbills, Canaries, Queleas, Finches, Pytilias, Flycatchers, Hornbills, Eremomelas, Larks, Goshawks, Rollers, Spurfowl, Swifts, Doves, Drongos, Weavers
Day trip to see the Birds of Etosha National Park
- N$ 2400 per day if only 1 to 2 people
- N$ 950 per person if 3 or 4 people
- N$ 800 per person if more than 4 people
- Full day driving and waterhole based birding safari in open jeep.
- Location: Etosha National Park
- Likely sightings: Bataleur, Eagles, Goshawks, Vultures, Sandgrouse, Bustards, Korhaans, Rollers, Weavers, Larks, Starlings, Shrikes, Lapwings, Coursers
- Maximum of nine guests on farm drives and Etosha birding tours.
- Maximum of five guests on local bush-veldt birding activity.
- We recommend booking birding activities in advance.
- We can provide lunch packs, but you must notify the kitchen by 4pm the day before.
Have a look at some of our previous birds of Namibia photography in our gallery.